Reminder - SCI 102 will meet this Friday for a presentation on INTERVIEW SKILLS
INTERVIEW SKILLS PRESENTATION
Hosted by John Buchanan
on Fr 2:00PM - 3:50PM in 24B room 1421
Assignment for Week 4:
You will write your Resume! Scroll down for additional information.
Due in 2 weeks on Feb 2nd!
ATTEND the Rock Your Resume!
Tuesday, January 23 at 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM in the
Career Center Classroom, Building 97, Room 120
How do I format my resume?
Here is what our experts at the career center have to say. www.cpp.edu/~career/documents/scannable-resume.pdf
GUIDELINES FOR RESUME FORMATTING from the Cal Poly Pomona Career Center.
- Create a Word document, the following formatting rules should be followed:
- Create as a MS Word document
- Do not use templates
- One page is preferred; never more than 2 pages (For 2-page resume: include header with complete contact information top of each page and indicate page number “1 of 2” and “2 of 2” at bottom of page)
- Margins should be no greater than 1 inch; no smaller than .5 inch
- Left align or justify text
- Use Arial or Times typeface
- Use 10-12 pt font for text (no larger than 14 pt for titles); use no more than 2 sizes of font
- Space between text can be as small as 5 pt
- Do not indent more than 5 spaces
- There should be no more than 5 spaces between text
- Use bullet statements; avoid paragraphs
- Bullets should be a solid circle or solid square only
- No italics, script, underlining, columns, horizontal or vertical lines
- Remove hyperlinks
- Use key words that correlate to the job announcement
- Print on 8.5 x 11 white or ivory bond weight paper
- Paper should have no watermarks
How to turn in your assignment: